After the last two weeks of goofing off, life kicked back in and I became very busy! Last Saturday my family split up to go our separate ways. My parents, younger sisters, and I left RI at 9:15 on Saturday and I arrived in the Rolla area at 9 on Sunday. I didn't end up starting to unpack from my move back to Rolla or from the vacation until later in the afternoon because I got back in time for church which is at my brother's in-law's house. Anyhow, I got back to the room I am renting and decided I needed to loft my bed before everything got unpacked and put in its place. To make a long story short, 8pm came around I went to bed and was just drifting off to sleep and my pager went off for the FD. I got to the station and we were disregarded, but I stayed around talking to the guys who showed up for a couple of hours. So much for going to bed early. :-P

Monday I started classes at MST for the fall semester. It was an easy day because I only have one class on Mondays and Fridays. So, because I was done so early I decided to go talk to one of my friends who owns a uniform store. By the time I left the store later that afternoon, I had a part time job, and had worked six hours. Today was my first long day of classes. 8 am to 4:20pm. Then on top of the classes, every Tuesday my FD has training in the evening. Everything went well. We didn't have a chance for everyone to train on every topic, but what we did get to was worthwhile. After most training sessions, we have a meeting for general announcements and to discuss what went well and what can be improved. Tonight, several people were promoted including yours truly. I jumped from just plain firefighter to probationary Lieutenant. I am not sure what I think about this yet. It is a ton more responsibility and I need a lot more training before I will feel qualified. I am also not sure how some of the older guys who have been on the department longer will react to my semi-promotion. Most of them will probably be okay with it, but we shall see.

As it stands, I went from just having my regular duties at the fire department, and my studies at school to a job, a lot heavier workload at the department, and my schoolwork. I just have to look at it as keeping me out of trouble. :-D


P.S. Nothing much has changed with the website. I haven't had time to work with it.  The current to do list includes: single sign on for both the gallery and joomla, a better theme/theme modification, and notification of comment replies on the gallery.